Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Daughter Got Her First House!


My daughter and her husband just bought their first home. They are so excited! I made this to hang in the living room. In the very small print you can barely see in this photo, I put "For my daughter's first house" on the left, and my initials and date on the right.
One kind of heart-breaking story about this. I had pondered and pondered about whether I wanted to say Welcome to our Home, Welcome Friends or Welcome to The Marshalls'. I decided the Marshalls would make it more personal. Well, Judy's oldest, Leyda, has a different daddy and her last name is Sanders. When Judy opened the package, and Leyda saw it, she said "That doesn't include me." Oh- heart-wrenching! I'm going to have to write her a letter and tell her that it VERY MUCH includes her!!!




No comments: