Sunday, May 22, 2011

Like It Love It Gotta Have It Technique for June - Pleating

This month we're going to explore pleating! I love the work that Anna Griffin does - and she does it so well. Below are my less-than-Anna-perfect attempts!
















































For the first one, I scored 1/2" then 1/4" on four pieces of paper 12" x 1" and made my folds:





































Then I placed the four pieces just under the edges of my sentiment, making sure I had pleats exending past the edges on all four sides.






































Then I cut the corners at a 45% angle to mitre the corners.






































I then added the panel to my card, and added a few embellishments (which are great if one of your corners doesn't come out quite right!)













































For the next card, I decided to do box pleats - I scored 1" then 1/4" then 1" then 1/4".























And folded like so:




































I then added the strip to my card background.

























I added a few border strips and a strip of Dazzles.



















And here is the finished card:






















Try this!



Like it - add a simple pleated border on a card or layout



Love it - try box pleats



Gotta have it - add layers of pleating and layers of borders for all kinds of interesting looks!







7 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Nancy, love the pleats. I've never tried them before. It gives your cards that added special touch.

Cheryl said...

Great pleating demos, Nancy! I, too, have never tried pleating, but love the look - especially the framing! Very nice.

Unknown said...

Looks very neat and pretty great job on all your cards i have never done them before i need to play with it soon.

Kate said...

Hi Nancy!
I coordinate tutorials for the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog (owhstarsandstamps.org), and one of our cardmakers sent me a link to this tutorial as a suggestion to be featured on the site. I'd love to feature you on an upcoming Tuesday, if you're interested. Please contact me at kate@operationwritehome.org. Thanks!

SophiePScrap said...

Lovely job Nancy! So simple but so elegant!

Julie said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! I'm going to try it out!

Anonymous said...

聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站