I needed to put together a tutorial for Paper Wishes today, and since I'm REALLY in the mood for Spring to hurry up and get here, I decided to try some Easter eggs.
I tried coloring one with Copic markers - did okay, but you could see the brush strokes.
I then tried one using Distress Inks and the Ranger Foam applicator. I got the best results with this technique.
I also tried the Distress inks using a reinker and a sponge but never could get it to dry! I even tried heat setting it - I finally had to wipe it off!
I then applied some Dazzles, flowers and rhinestones.
Coloring the Dazzles with Copic markers gave a really pretty effect!
I also found that using four corners at the top of the egg worked well too.
And one last tip - it seems like the Scrapbook Dazzles must have a different kind of adhesive - I had a very hard time getting them to stick to the eggs, and had to use glue. I don't know what is different but there must be something!
I'm finally at that point in my life where I no longer have to worry about taking night classes while working full time and have no more children living at home, so I can spend all my free time in creative pursuits!
I've gone through several stages in my creative life. In my early years I did some basic crafting and was mostly consumed with music. In late college and early independent years I was into cross-stitch, then that developed into an interest in more detailed needlework, including hardanger and other pulled-thread techniques, needlepoint, etc. Then I went through a period when my eyesight could no longer handle tiny tiny stitches and I got interested in quilting. Now I'm more into paper crafts - scrapbooking, card making and altered books. I also do a little beading. I still love learning new techniques and take classes at my local stores often!